“Our ideas must be as broad as Nature if they are to interpret Nature.”

--Sherlock Holmes, A Study in Scarlet, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Thursday, July 22, 2010

To Produce a Random Event…

It takes enormous planning to produce a random event.
         --Holmes

I write this on the eve of the sold-out, first preview performance of Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure.  It is an odd, in-between, sort of time for directors, with the bulk of our work behind us, yet not quite complete.  I suppose it’s rather like watching a ship you’ve helped build cast-off for the first time.

I doesn’t help that I’m listening to Barber’s Adagio for Strings as I write this…

My deepest thanks to everyone who has contributed to the production of this “random event” – actors, designers, staff, artists of all crafts, audience, friends and family.  It has been a fantastic experience and absolutely every moment has been worth it.

Break a Leg, Everyone

E

No comments:

Post a Comment